So the 2013 fall/winter fashion season is right around the corner! Which means one thing ……… Shopping. Good thing you will already have some of these trends already in your closet and you can find some good pieces for a fraction of the designer prices right at your local stores. Here’s what you should be looking for this season!
1. MILITARY INSPIRED FASHION: this means khaki green will be a wardrobe staple this season. Also amp up the look and make it more glam by adding lace or brocade pieces with this utilitarian style. Here is one I found at old navy for only $40!
2.LEATHER, LEATHER, LEATHER: a lot of retails are making fab faux leather too that you won’t even tell the difference. This trend means leather skirts, leggings, jackets . Now don’t do this look head to toe because its too much of a statement . Match these pieces with some fab heels and a great knit top with some fab accessories. I found this pair of faux leather leggings at forever 21 for $20
3.PEPLUM: Yes ladies, the peplum is here to stay! The key is to make sure you find the right peplum for you. Make sure it’s long enough and that the cinched in area hits you at the smallest part of your waist to accentuate it. And adding this with your leather leggings will be FAB! I’m sure you already have this in your closet but is not I found one at express for $49
4. WINTER WHITE: match these with skinny jeans with a winter white flouncy top or add a chunky knit sweater over a winter white dress . This is a trend that will withstand the test of time so investing in a good staple winter white dress is key . Like this dress by Rachel Pally that I found at shop bop for $255 .
5. THE LAYERED LOOK: alright ladies , this is one where you can shop your own closet for . Make sure to mix textures and layer unexpectedly . Like a sheer dress over leather pants .
6. EMERALD GREEN : it can be as simple as nail color and accessories or as bold as a skirt or dress. But emerald green is falls IT color ! Like this skirt from the limited for $50
7. LEOPARD: I’m sure we all have some leopard pieces in our closets so its time to pull them out and rock it! Throw a leopard scarf on or some leopard heels . Even be bold and wear a leopard car coat . This is my fave leopard infinity scarf from express for $30
8. MENSWEAR INSPIRED: menswear fabrics will be key this season . Tweed, plaid and houndstooth! Rock a pencil skirt , or a blazer . Mix with more feminine pieces to not have it look to heavy . Like this jacket from piperlime for $98
9. HATS : fedoras, beanies, floppy ! Oh my!!! Hats are a big part of this seasons fashion ! And this is the cheapest way to take on the fall trend! This can completely change a look of an outfit! You can get this felt hat at H and M for $12 and the beanie at Charlotte Russe for $8
10. STATEMENT OUTERWEAR….FUR: faux fur of course , no animal should die so you can have style 🙂 but fur jackets and vests are back and better then ever! Mix these with light weight neutrals so the rest of your outfit doesn’t compete with this statement piece. Like this Rachel Zoe for QVC vest for $60
Have fun with these fab fall styles…. See which ones work for you , your personal style and body type:) HAPPY STYLING